Delivered in Partnership with The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness
In March 2019 EDS & BSMHD ran our first Mental Health First Aid course, it was received well by all involved and generated a very long waiting list of interest. Due to its success and significant benefit to the community, we are now offering this to training to BSL interpreters/ translators/ relays (deaf and hearing), whether you are experienced in interpreting in Mental Health settings or are new to the area. The course is a full two days and you will receive a certificate upon completion and 14 CPD points.
Course Dates: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th July
Time: 9am – 5.30pm ( 16 hours of training)
Venue: Suvai Cafe 124 horns Road IG2 6BL
Deadline to book 14 June 2019
Delivered by one of only three Qualified BSMHD Tutors in the UK, in British Sign Language, .
Course content on the day:
• What is mental health?
• Anxiety and depression
You will learn, how to:
• spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• feel confident helping and supporting someone experiencing a mental health condition
• provide help on a first aid basis only
• help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
• guide someone towards the right professional support
• reduce the stigma of mental health illness
Course Cost: £95 per participant plus £30 registration fee for certificate
EDS are covering the cost of the venue hire and administration costs. We do not make a profit from this course.
For more information or to book a place on the course, please contact us:
Tel: 020 8215 4710
SMS: 07584 687 127